Phase seamlessly integrates with any DVS DJ setup. Learn how to set it up with Rekordbox.
To use Phase with Rekordbox, you need to make sure you’ve unlocked the DVS functionality. Depending on the hardware equipment you use, you might need to upgrade your plan to access the DVS option. Check if your equipment unlocks DVS on the Rekordbox website.
In this page, you will find all the information you need to check Phase compatibility and setups with Rekordbox:
How to setup?
Check the following points to make sure everything is properly configured to use Phase with Rekordbox.
Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 mixer & Rekordbox DJ
1. Power your Phase via USB to any 5V power supply.
2. Plug the RCA cables from the Phase outputs to the Line inputs (1&2 or 2&3 depending on your preference) of your DJM-900NXS2 mixer.
3. Plug the USB from your DJM-900NXS2 mixer to your laptop, and switch the Deck source selector on USB (A or B) to enable DVS Mode. (swipe right to see the graphic)
4. In Rekordbox, go to Audio Settings and select “DJM900-NXS2” in the “Audio Interface Selector”. Then, open the settings utility and set the inputs you are using to “Control Tone Line”. You should also double check the same settings apply to the input channels you are using in the Rekordbox “Input Channels” setting
5. Go to the DVS tab in the Rekordbox settings, and make sure the DVS function is activated. Select “CDJs” instead of “Turntables” in the control hardware tab of the DVS settings.
6. Make sure to select the audio routing according to the mixer decks you are using (1&2, or 2&3), and that the virtual decks are set on “Relative” mode.
7. Place your Remotes on top of your records and wait a few seconds for the calibration to be done before spinning.
General tips with Rekordbox
To get the best experience from using Phase with Rekordbox, make sure that:
• Rekordbox audio settings are set on Line/CD and your mixer is selected as the main interface in the audio settings.
• Depending on your mixer, you may need to open the Setting utility to adjust the signal routing, and select "Control Tone Line" as the input of your mixer.
• Make sure the input selector deck is set on PC or USB to enable the DVS mode.
• Make sure the Rekordbox decks are in "Relative" (REL) mode.
DJ equipment compatibility
Analog mixers with DJ soundcards
- Pioneer mixers: S11, S7, DJM900NXS2, DJM V10, DJM 750mk2, DJM 450, DJM 250mk2
- Rekordbox interface 2
Click here to see all the Rekordbox DVS Hardware compatibility.
The Phase Manager
Our configuration app, Phase Manager, is the first step in setting up your Phase for the first time, regardless of the DJ software you are using. It allows you to manage your Phase from making firmware updates to changing the LED colors of your Remotes!